Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Word of God is Alive

God’s Word is Alive, when….

The word of God is just another book to most people. They read the bible like a storybook. Once you read it, you know the story. However, to some, including myself, the word of God is alive. It lives as He (Jesus) lives.

The word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

I have seen this power many times; it is the power of God’s word. I have seen it in such a way that the power cannot be denied, it is most powerful. The power contained in the word of God is for anyone that seeks God with all of their heart.

So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

The consecration of yourself to God will determine the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. If the Spirit of the living God leads you, when you speak the word of God, it will be as if God says it and it will perform His purpose. Read the word of God and commune with the Father through prayer, and He will anoint your life.

Nothing of the Spirit is to glorify you, only God. You are nothing but an instrument, a mouthpiece for God and your usability is determined by your complete devotion to your purpose. The hammer does not say to the builder, look at the house I built and it certainly does not say today I am going to be a saw, find another hammer! Neither should we say to anyone look at what I did, but look what the Father has done. As God can use you, you will become more a multi-functional tool for His purpose.

For this reason we also constantly thank God that when you received the word of God which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but for what it really is, the word of God, which also performs its work in you who believe. 1 Thessalonians 2:13

Feel free to visit my website at www.dwmontgomery.com