Thursday, April 21, 2011

Get Intoxicated with Christ

Most people believe that they can walk in the presence of God and neglect the things of God. Even if a person believes they are a good person that does not develop a relationship with our Creator.

Some Christians read books about God, but not His version. I am a Christian Author, but I would rather a person read the bible than my own book. While my book is packed with God’s word, an estimated 1000 scriptures, there is nothing like the real thing. Cliff Notes on God will not develop you as His word will.

Another part of the drink is a real prayer life. This does not come easy! However, it is mandatory that we Christians spend time with God and make a large portion of the day for communication with Him. Until I had this time with God, there was no freedom in Christ. However, once you MAKE yourself pray, you will become addicted to the time you spend with Him. It is through prayer that I can leave all my problems and troubles to God and enjoy life.

Another major component to a relationship with Christ is the Holy Spirit. It is the “God in us” that helps us understand His word, and helps us make daily decisions. God cared so much for us that He put a portion of Himself in us. We either choose to yield to the Holy Spirit, or the things of this world. Personally, nothing in my former life brought lasting joy, until I decided to live in Christ.

Praise and worship is mandatory. We must realize that when we praise Him, we are putting God in His proper place, above us. It is a demonstration of complete surrender when we praise Him in “spirit and in truth.” (John 4:24)

I hope that you get intoxicated with God! Let Him dwell in you.